6 Brilliant Smartphone Life-Hacks you should be using
Smartphones have become a central part of our lives. We use their alarm clocks to wake up, their navigation apps to get us around and we play games like Flappy Bird and Candy Crush Saga when we have time to kill. From Android to Apple and more, smartphones can do it all — but what if you could do it even better?
1. Regret sending that embarrassing voicemail?
Press “#” to delete it.
It happens to all of us. You start talking and the talking turns to rambling and the rambling goes south. Pressing the “#” key on your phone prompts your phone to repeat your message to you before sending it. Delete it and record a new one. Day saved.
2. Low on data but need to navigate somewhere?
Pull up the directions + screenshot them.
This personally has been a lifesaver on many occasions. Whether you are traveling and you know you may hit a 3G/4G/LTE dead zone or you are just running low on data, you will have the directions handy no matter what.
3. Hate unlocking your phone to check the weather?
Put the weather on your lock-screen!
There are many apps to choose from, but here are two free ones I recommend for iPhone and Android.
Weather Lock Screen (Free, iOS)
Beautiful Widgets (Free, Android)
4. Annoying pop-up ads while playing games?
Simply go on “Airplane Mode” on your phone. This blocks annoying pop-ups ads that often make games and apps a drag to play.
5. Afraid of losing your phone while on vacation?
Make your contact information your lock-screen wallpaper!
Write down your name, a number to reach you (not yours) and address, take a picture of this and make it your wallpaper. People are more likely to return something with a name and number.
6. Heavy sleeper?
Set your alarm + Place your phone in a large glass.
If you’re a heavy sleeper or just have difficulty getting up in the morning, this hack will amplify your alarm’s sound to get you up and ready to go.
Other smartphone tips to keep in mind:
- Most smartphones nowadays have fingerprint scanners. Use them! From purchasing apps with your fingerprint, to unlocking your phone and more, fingerprint scanners save time and developers are now integrating them into their apps!
- No flashlight? Use your camera’s flash on your smartphone!
- Are you buying the new iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus? We’ve got you covered! Check out our large selection of cases available now on OtterBox.com!
What tips and tricks do you use for your smartphone? Share your favorite smartphone life-hacks in the comments below!