Answer to Your 7 Most Common Questions
1. What is the OtterBox Warranty Policy?
We have a one year limited warranty that covers damages to and defects within OtterBox products and reserve the right to charge a small shipping and handling fee in connection with the fulfillment of any valid claim. We are not able to extend our warranty to any smart phone or other device or product manufactured by anyone other than OtterBox.
For OtterBox Clearly Protected line of products only, we provide a warranty for the life of the product, provided the Clearly Protected product is used on only one device and has not been removed from that device at any time. We also provide a one-time replacement of the product for defective installation by the customer (including air bubbles that don’t go away within 24 hours of installation).
2. May I change the color of my case for a warranty replacement?
The OtterBox warranty covers the same product that was originally purchased. This includes color. We are unable to switch colors for warranty replacements.
3. How do I know my warranty claim was submitted?
After hitting the “submit” button on our online warranty form, or after disconnecting with our CS team on the phone, you will receive an email. This email will have your incident number, and a link for you to follow so you may upload pictures of your damaged case.
Be sure to check your spam folder for our email, as sometimes our communications are accidentally routed there. This is especially true with Yahoo accounts.
4. What does it mean if I receive an email requesting additional pictures of my damaged case?
This simply means something was missing from your pictures. Please be sure to read and follow these 3 instructions carefully.
- Each picture needs to include a piece of paper with your name and the date written on it. This should be included with your case, in the same picture.
- One picture needs to clearly show your entire case; one picture needs to clearly show the circle/square stamping on the inside of the silicone piece.
- If your case has a pattern on it (e.g. Realtree camo), this must appear in your picture.
5. Does OtterBox have a store?
We do not currently have a retail location. However, we have several authorized resellers that consistently have our products available. You are also welcome to contact our distributors for assistance in locating a product in your area.
6. Why doesn’t OtterBox have a case for my device?
We truly wish we could create a case for every device in the industry. However, as a medium-sized company, that is not something we are able to do. We greatly appreciate customer feedback, and would love to hear your suggestions for future products.
7. How do I know if the case I purchased is a genuine OtterBox product?
The best way to guarantee you’re purchasing an OtterBox product is by ordering directly from our website. You can learn about counterfeits and how to report counterfeits by contacting our brand protection team.
If you have any additional questions please reach out to our customer service team:
Call us at 855.688.7269. Open Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., MST.