Apple Addicts Get a Fix – Which Rumors Panned Out?
If you have been following our blog, you know that there were tons of rumors going around about this new device. We’ve compiled a list of the hottest rumors, so let’s see which ones were true and which were pipe dreams.
- Thicker design- True. The new iPad will be 9.4mm thick (compared to 8.89 for the iPad 2)
- 4G LTE capability – True. 4G LTE will be available for AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, Bell and Telus.
- FaceTime camera will be able to take HD video – True. The new iPad will feature 1080P recording
- Release in April – False. The new iPad will be released on March 16, 2012.
- Device will be named the”iPad 3″ or “iPad HD” – False. The new iPad will be called “The new iPad.” Another rumor was that it would be called the 3rd Generation iPad.
- 8” iPad Mini – False. No secondary device was announced.
- Same screen size, four times the pixels, 2048 x 1536 retina display – True. The new iPad will have 3.1m pixels, 1m more pixels than an HDTV. That’s 264 pixels per inch.
- Quad Core Apple 6 system on a chip – False. The new iPad will feature an A5X processor.
- The NEW IPAD will feature Siri – False. However the new iPad will be featuring a voice dictation app.
- Siri will speak Japanese - True. Apple will be bringing Siri to Japan. Siri in Japanese is part of iOS 5.1.
- iOS 5.1 – True. iOS 5.1 is available now! Go update your devices!
- iTunes in the cloud now supports movies. You’ll be able to re-download movies you’ve purchased on any device, and movies and TV shows now support 1080p.
- The New Apple TV: New menus with top movies, and genius built in. Apple TV will now recommend movies for you and supports 1080p with a “streamlined new user interface.” No price change and coming next week. You can also get your iTunes playlists from iCloud on there!
- The new device will have a Voice dictation feature.
- All will be 3G world ready
- The new iPad can be used as a personal hotspot for up to 5 devices.
- 10 hour battery-life; 9 hours on 4G
- Updates to Garage Band and iMovie
- Introduction of iPhoto for iPad “and it is amazing.” New gestures, new effects, multi-touch editing, and you can share photos directly between devices.
Planning on picking up the new iPad? Our Defender Series for the new iPad is available now! We have redesigned the new iPad case to accommodate the iPad 2 as well, and will feature a built-in screen protector, memory foam pads to cradle your new baby, durable silicone and a screen shield that will put the new iPad in sleep mode and doubles as a media stand. I know right??