Back-to-School Shopping List Essentials
I was a weird kid. Contrary to the dreaded feeling most kids get when August sneaks up on them after two months filled with summer fun, I couldn’t wait for school to start.
Don’t get me wrong — spending every waking hour at the pool was pretty awesome. However, I always looked forward to seeing my school friends, meeting my new teachers, recess on the black top and, most importantly, back-to-school supplies.
I wore a uniform grades K – 12, so it was all about the back-to-school supplies and brand spanking new tennis shoes rather than the new clothes for me. The smell of new sneakers, the feeling of putting the first worksheets into my new Lisa Frank folder and being able to write with Gelly Roll pens for the first time in sixth grade is what I LIVED for.
With the advent of technology in schools, back-to-school lists look a bit different now than they did when I was in school. But, the feeling you get when you use your new school supplies is the same no matter how technologically savvy our schools get.
Here are a few must-have items for your back-to-school shopping list:
- 1. Assignment notebook/calendar/day planner.
Electronic or paper version? I say electronic, but personal preference takes precedence here.
- 2. Backpack/messenger bag/satchel.
Check out Amazon.com and Zappos.com for great deals on these items!
- 3. One really nice writing utensil.
Invest in that go-to pen, the perfect fine-tipped sharpie or the most vintage-looking pencil you can find. Writing your name on the top line will make taking a test a little less bad.
Now, not to toot our own horns or anything, but we’ve got some great products on otterbox.com that will keep your new back-to-school supplies looking like the day you bought them!
- Defender Series and Reflex Series for your tablet. It’s your favorite phone cases in tablet form …
- Clearly Protected Laptop cover provides your new shiny laptop with protection you can’t see.
- Utility Series Latch 7” – 8” and Latch 10”. This product is perfect for on-the-go, in the classroom, tablet-use.
Happy back-to-school shopping!