Get to the Deal First: Garage Sale Apps
Ah summer. The time of year when early on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning you can leisurely roam the streets of your town checking out the treasures that have spilled out onto lawns and driveways. Yes, it’s garage sale season. Like my nine-year-old daughter loves to regularly remind me, “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.”
I’m not a good garage sale person. If I happen upon one and have a few extra minutes I might check it out. But I got to thinking about those friends of mine who love garage saling as a hobby. For those avid enthusiasts, might there be some garage sale help technology to assist their hunt?
Why yes, of course there is. Did you know you can join a garage sale group on Facebook and Twitter? I didn’t either but doing this allows you to:
- Get in touch with like-minded people
- Learn additional tips from other group members and join community discussions
- Use garage sale hash tags on Twitter to connect you to the larger conversation
- Give a special discount if someone mentions your account user name at your own garage sale
Here are some cool apps to help the avid and amateur garage sale enthusiasts alike.
- Cost: Free
- - Simply snap a photo of your item to instantly list it “for sale” to everyone around you
- - Geo-tags the item posted from the phone and posts pictures from the server so people in your physical area can discover those items
- - Buy, share and browse garage sale items with the swipe, tap and/or touch of a finger
- Cost: Free
- - Locate local garage sales, yard sales, tag sales and estate sales on a map
- - Search for garage sales by interest, including children’s clothes, Legos, tools, DVDs, storage auction and more
- - Preview the neighborhood before setting your route, and save your favorite sales for route planning
Second Hand Marketplace Tag Sell it app (iOS)
- Cost: $0.99
- - Locates garage sales, yard sales, estate sales, flea markets, consignment services, pawnshops and online items for sale
- - Announce your own sale or list your items with photos for free
- - See every sale in your area with the click of a button
I was thinking too that an eBay connection would be great while haggling over garage sale finds so you know the value of something before you get stuck with an item that truly is junk. Fortunately there is an eBay app for both iOS and Android.
About the Author
Is a west coast gal who has settled down in Colorado. She loves to write, cook and play outdoors. If you don’t find her at work, she’ll probably be out riding her bicycle, at the pool with her kids or curled up on her couch with her face buried in a book.
More posts by this author | Follow on Google+