Innovation would be our middle name…if we had one.
The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) is a celebration of innovation and as pioneers of protection, we revealed a handful of impressive innovations for handheld technology. We’ve got several new products coming and are excited to share them with you (drumroll please):
The Armor Series is a return to our roots, bringing back waterproof protection to our amazing line of cases. We know you have been anxiously awaiting the news, so here are the cool details:
- – Waterproof – dive 6.6 ft. under water for 30 min. without worry
- – Drop proof – protects against a 10 ft. drop onto concrete
- – Dust proof – zero dust intrusion
- – Crush proof – 2 tons of crush protection
- – Protection options will be available for iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3
The cases for iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5 will be available on February 22 on OtterBox.com and at AT&T stores everywhere with the Samsung option following shortly afterwards. Want more information or to sign up for email notification? Head here.
Defender Series with iON Intelligence:
With our consumers’ on-the-go lifestyles, we’ve come to learn that you don’t just need protection, but also battery power to keep you going through a day that starts with getting the kids out of bed, moves to a full day of work calls and emails, then ends with finding the perfect recipe on your Epicurius app so you can pull meal magic out of your hat. Expect the same level of premium device protection you have come to rely on from our Defender Series while enjoying twice the battery life with the newest in our lineup. This case features:
- – 1450mAh lithium ion battery which doubles the battery life of the device
- – Front-facing LED indicators provide power status of the case in 10% increments
- – iON Intelligence app automatically transfers power to the device and lets you know when you should recharge for your always ON life.
We’ll introduce this case for the iPhone 4/4S first, but expect more offerings later in 2013. Want to learn more? Head to our website for details and to sign up to find out when this cool new case will be available.
Commuter Series 3D:
And now for something a little different… we’ve added a cool dimensional look to our Commuter Series cases:
- - Four designs inspired by youth culture
- - Sturdy, 2-layer protection withstands drops, bumps and shock
- - Self-adhesive screen protector prevents scratches
- - Port covers keep out dust and debris
- - Coming soon for the iPhone 5
Introducing Clearly Protected:
OtterBox brings you the ultimate in screen protectors for smartphones and tablets.
- – 360 – For those of you who don’t want to cover your phone (it does look awesome!) or don’t need to, this premium protective film provides full device coverage and provides protection from scratches and impacts.
- - Vibrant – Screen protection optimized for case compatibility (hint, hint!)
- - Clean – Anti-glare screen protection prevents fingerprints and smudges
- - Privacy – Innovative four-way screen protector safeguards text and data while giving you scratch and impact protection. Great when you have confidential information you don’t want to share.
Other stuff we love about Clearly Protected? Completely dry application (no more worrying if you will damage your device with that spray bottle) and awesome bubble-free technology that actually releases the bubbles after the protector has been applied. These options will be available winter of 2013, head here to sign up to be in the know.
And we haven’t been resting there. Our new Business Solutions team has paired up with leaders in the business space to deliver some pretty fantastic solutions that integrate our protection with the latest in technology.
emPOWERed iPad case for Retailers:
OtterBox developed this unique retail solution in partnership with Honeywell and we expect it to revolutionize the retail space. The empowered iPad case offers OtterBox protection while facilitating a mobile sales exchange – now consumers in store can have all their service needs taken care of by the same sales associate without ever having to search out and find the cash register. The case comes with iON Intelligence to keep devices powered up on the sales floor as well as Honeywell scanning and mobility software.
Commuter Series case for Cisco:
Working with Cisco, OtterBox co-developed a Commuter Series case for a Cisco phone used in hospitals. In that germ-free environment, we knew there was an added challenge – to develop a solution that offered chemical resistance to Clorox and other alcohol concentrations used in hospitals to disinfect. Because medical professionals often work long and grueling days, we integrated a battery pack for efficient charging that doesn’t require the removal of the case.
Want to talk to our business solutions team about these cool new offerings? Head to our new Business page to learn more about how OtterBox can keep you mobile or to get in contact with one of our team members.
So what do you think? Our Otters have been hard at work bringing you the most innovative options in protection today. We considered Otter-Innovation-Box, but it just doesn’t have the same ring to it… Let us know what you think about the newest OtterBox innovations by commenting below.