Parker the Party Girl
12/31/2012 – It’s New Year’s Eve!
This is the big one, girl. This is the night you’ve been training for all year. You’ve been to all the greatest hotspots and purchased the most amazing outfits all for one night … New Year’s Eve! So here is some last minute advice for this big night. Have fun and be safe! XOXO
- Don’t limit yourself. Leave yourself some options tonight. You don’t want to end up at a lame house party or a club with a bad DJ so make sure your options are open for the evening.
- Be safe! If you didn’t read my post on safety last month, check out my tips on staying safe down below!
12/28/2012 – The best pictures ever … pictures of yourself!
Let’s face it. You’re hot. Your favorite subject should always be yourself, especially when taking photos. Follow these tips and you’ll have the best self-photos ever! XOXO
1. Practice holding the camera at arms length – This can be difficult especially if you’re using a big camera. Using a the front facing camera on your smartphone makes this a little bit easier plus you can upload your beautiful pics to your favorite photo sharing site.
2. Try different angles – Don’t be boring! These pictures are works of art so make them look that way. Try out a few different angles to make sure you get the best photo possible.
3. Be different – Try challenging youself to experiment with something brand new. It can be lighting, styling, posing or location, just to name a few. Try something you’ve never tried before!
4. Use reflective surfaces … like a mirror! – Taking pictures in a mirror is super fun. Make sure you look into the mirror at your camera lens so that you appear to be looking at the camera. I know this goes against all of my beliefs but when taking a self photo, never look at yourself in the mirror! Also, make sure you turn the flash off. When you’re taking mirror ph0tos, try a lot of different angles if you want to hide the camera from the photo.
5. No duck face! – It’s so 2010…
12/25/2012 – Merry Christmas!
Yay! It’s Christmas! Dress me up in these cute wallpapers!
12/23/2012 – Pretty drink recipes
I’m all about fashion (as if you didn’t know) and I like my drinks to match my style. I definitely won’t be making these for myself but I’ll ask a cute bartender to make one for me. If you feel like wowing your friends with a cute drink this week, here are some super yummy recipes! XOXO
Perrier-Jouët Fraise Sauvage
2 oz. Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut
1 1Ž4 oz. Absolut Vodka
3Ž4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1Ž4 oz. simple syrup
1 whole strawberry
Directions: In a bottom of a mixing glass muddle the strawberry into a purée. Add all ingredients except Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut. Add ice, cover and shake vigorously for 7-8 seconds. Pour Perrier Jouët Grand Brut into a chilled cocktail-martini glass and pour the cocktail over it. Garnish with half a strawberry.
1.5 oz (BELVEDERE)RED vodka
½ oz St Germain Elderflower liqueur
3 bar spoons of pomegranate seeds
4 chunks pink grapefruit
Muddle pomegranate seeds and grapefruit with the elderflower liqueur. Add Belvedere and top with crushed ice. Churn.
1 part Oxley gin
1 part tawny Port
2 dashes of Orange Bitters or Angostura Bitters
Stir and strain over ice in a Rocks glass. Freshly grate cinnamon on top and garnish with an orange peel.
Gingerbread Apple Cocktail
2 oz. Domaine de Canton
1 oz. vanilla vodka
2.5 oz. apple cider
A few drops of lemon juice
Line a chilled martini glass lightly with agave syrup on a dish followed by spiced graham cracker crumbs. Place all ingredients except for orange zest in a shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into glass. Freshly grate orange zest on drink and serve immediately.
12 oz. SKYY vodka
1 bottle (750 ml) dry red wine
1.5 tbsp. mulling spices
1 tsp. fresh orange zest
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. blanched almonds
4 tbsp. raisins
Wrap mulling spices in cheesecloth. In a large saucepan, combine the wine, SKYY vodka, cheesecloth with mulling spices, orange zest, and sugar. Allow to very lightly simmer over medium heat for at least 30 minutes (do not boil). Discard the mulling spices. Drop a few raisins and almonds at the bottom of each mug and top with the hot liquid.
Oh and don’t be a loser. Designate a sober driver when you party.
12/20/2012 – Last minute shopping tips
OMG there is less than a week until the big day and while you’re pretty good at shopping, you still have some last minute gifts to buy, don’t you? It’s ok. There are lots of ways to get your shopping done this late in the game. Then you can relax and start making your New Years Eve plans!
Here are sometips to make the most of the next 24 hours. XOXO
- Zappos – Zappos will do everything they can do to get your delivery to you by Christmas Eve plus you can pick up another pair of shoes for yourself!
- Amazon- Free 2 day shipping if you are a Prime Member!
If you’re like me you don’t want to ruin your mani by having to wrap gifts so go digital!
- Amazon Kindle Store or Barnes and Noble- Choose a specific option or purchase a printable card with gift code.
- Google Play Store: Wal-Mart offers E-Mail Delivery for multiple gift cards. Print, Cut & Wrap under the tree.
12/13/2012 – Hot holiday fashions
OMG it’s holiday party season! As if you need an excuse to treat yourself to a new wardrobe, right?! I’m here to help you look your best without having to spend a fortune or a ton of your time. Here are a few tips that will have everyone asking where you shop. XOXO
- Make accessories your best friends.
- A big necklace or a fabulous infinite scarf can turn your outfit from ordinary to extraordinary in an instant. Francesca’s is the go-to accessories place for every event and every style.
- Fashion doesn’t have to be daunting.
- Don’t be afraid to stick with simplicity. Old Navy is a great place to find wardrobe basics at a price you will love. Use your new best friends, the accessories, to spice up your basics.
- Over-sized sweaters.
- Not only do these look great, they keep those holiday food babies covered.
- Shoes! Check out these big names on sale!
Don’t forget to wrap your best accessory — me — in an OtterBox this Christmas!
12/6/2012 – Use your phone this shopping season
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I LOVE SHOPPING! You already know this but so many people think that I only shop for myself. So not true! Shopping is shopping and this Christmas the list of gifts for my girls and my family goes on and on and on! There are a few apps that I’ve been using lately that keep me on track with gift buying, in the know about where to find the best deals and most importantly, on budget. Take a look and good luck out there! XOXO
I used this app last year and it is awesome! You can enter all of the lovely people you need to buy for, add gifts for each person with a description and price then check them off as you go!
If you’re looking for info on that cute purse for your mom or even just groceries RedLaser can help. Scan a barcode, get product descriptions, find local prices, make a price comparison and buy straight from your phone. This app does it all!
With your lifestyle and shopping habits going broke can happen with the swipe of a credit card. Keep your finances in check with Mint. Using the app and desktop site Mint keeps track of your money for you. Sync your bank info, set up some budgets and get to shopping!
Do you have any apps that are helping you this Christmas? Let me know!
11/26/2012 – Get that purse organized
I’m pretty good about having a well-kept purse. I usually carry a clutch these days but do you think I’d leave a new Gucci bag at home just out of convenience? Uh no. But what do you do when you need lip gloss in a dark club? The last thing you want is a messy purse. Take my advice and keep that shoulder bag clean for all of your shopping trips and parties!
Step one: Dump it!
Take that nasty purse and dump your life out on the counter. This will keep you from sifting through your items and get everything out on the table … literally!
Step two: Don’t be gross
If you’ve had your purse for a while, my number one piece of advice is to buy a new one! If you can’t drop that kind of money right now, make it look new! Wipe the inside out and give the exterior a nice cleaning. Make sure you read all the labels so you don’t end up ruing that baby.
Step three: Consolidate
Get rid of all the trash first; your purse isn’t a trash bag. After the trash is gone, take all of the stuff that belongs in your junk drawer and … wait for it … put it in your junk drawer! Your purse is a very important tool and is often misused as a catch-all for all of your junk. Don’t do that!
Step four: Prioritize and compartmentalize
If you have compartments in your purse, they are probably pretty small so make sure you’re smart about what goes in there. Your ID, cash, passport, lip gloss and ever so important credit cards should be stored there for easy access.
Work it! XOXO
11/22/2012 – Black Friday tech deals
OMG!OMG!OMG! It’s shopping time! Black Friday Sales will be starting at midnight and I’ll definitely be hitting up some stores and websites tonight with my girls. There are a few things I’ll be looking to pick up to some awesome tech gear but I’m keeping an eye out for some gadgets to cater to my musical side. Here are a few things that caught my eye.
Music is super important when I’m at home. Whether I’m rocking out to some Ke$ha in the shower, chilling out to some Adele while putting my makeup on or blasting Skrillex with some friends, I need music in every room of my house. BestBuy is having an awesome sale giving you $50 off the ultra portable Jambox Bluetooth Speakers from Jawbone. So cool!
So I am usually on top of the latest and greatest must have devices but I’m still rockin’ a 3rd generation iPod touch. So now I have a dilemma! Target will be giving out a $40 gift card when you buy the 4th gen iPod touch 16GB but if I buy a 5th gen 32GB on Meijer.com I get $40 off my next order. Decisions, decisions!
11/21/2012 – Safe night out strategies
You’re a big girl and you can get around town by yourself but let’s be honest … the world can be a scary place sometimes. Follow my advice and keep yourself safe while you’re out and about.
- Don’t forget the essentials: You can never be too prepared so make sure you use your handbag for all it’s worth. Clutches are always more convenient but when you’ve got me (your phone), keys, makeup, your ID, cash and that extra pair of flats a purse becomes a better option. Plan ahead and don’t be afraid to overstuff your purse. Besides you can always have the boy that’s been following you around all night carry it for you. 😉
- Travel in a group: Not like this is a problem for you. You always have your BFFs with you and safety in numbers is a real thing. You can also use your friends to help make decisions throughout the night. You and I both know that your judgment is questionable at times. Just keep your entourage down to 3 or 4. You don’t want to have the responsibility of keeping tabs on everyone all night.
- Watch your drink: Listen. Guys are creeps sometimes. Always keep an eye on your drink and make sure your friends do too.
- Write down some digits: Yes on paper: Yes you have me, but what happens when you forget to charge me and I go dead halfway through the night? Keep a list of numbers in your purse like your homebody friend who never comes out with you girls and your local cab company.
- Learn self-defense: Enough said.
- Personal safety … There’s an app for that: You’re going the club for the night. You know you won’t be gone for more than a few hours. If you’re gone for any longer than that, you want your emergency contacts notified. Before you leave home, you set Guard My Angel to alert your contacts if you don’t disable the app within 1 hour. It’s that simple.
11/8/2012 – Let me help you stay entertained!
Welcome back! It’s your BFF, Parker! If you were paying attention you’d know that I love to party and of course I stay on top of the latest trends. The best way to do this is watching celebrity socialites like me to see what they’re doing. When it comes to tracking the latest fashions, hottest clubs and even hotter guys, I stay on top of my game with these great entertainment apps. If you want celebrity gossip and fashion advice these are the apps for you. You can be fab like me too, sweetie! XOXO
Nobody knows entertainment like E! and their app is super helpful. It’s so easy to get your daily dose of pop culture with this one.
Now that you know what the celebs are doing, it’s time for you to go out and make a name for yourself. NightClubs Unlimited will help you find the best clubs in your town. If you’re not already on the guest list, you will be after downloading this app.
Hey party girls! It’s me, your phone!
It’s Christmas time and I have two words on my mind: Jimmy Choo (sigh). Hey! I’m Parker! Everyone knows me as the party girl. When I think of year’s past I’m always reminded of the year where I rocked 6 holiday parties in 2 nights. I know right?! There was this other time where I spent the holidays in Cabo with my besties. Ahhh…Paulo.
Anyway. This year is going to be another season filled with shopping so you should probably follow my advice because the only thing I do better than party is shop. If you want to grab the hottest items on those Christmas lists, shop early and shop often. I guess that’s more of a life tip than a holiday tip. Also, wear comfy shoes and bust out those 0% credit cards. Oh, and don’t forget to bring your BFFs! OMG I wouldn’t be able to do it without my ladies (hey girls!)!
You know I’m gonna be super helpful on your shopping trips this year so make sure you wrap me in an OtterBox to keep me safe. XOXO!
Want to know a little bit about me? Who doesn’t? 😉 Here are some things that I love:
- Texting with my besties
- Shopping…double duh
- Looking at myself
- Taking Instagram photos. Mirrors always look better when I’m in them 😉
If you want to subscribe to my holiday tips or to find out about some of my friends, head over to our home page!